This document refers exclusively to the website with the following domain name:
hereinafter referred to as “this website”.
- Legal notices
CENTRALE for contemporary art
Is run by the non-profit making organisation Bruxelles-Musées-Expositions, whose registered office is at Rue du Peper 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium and whose company number is BE 0460.976.365.
Publisher in charge: Denis Laurent, Director of Culture, Archives, Museums
Content: CENTRALE for contemporary art, Brussel
Design & development: Parfaitement web, Brussel
3.2 What personal information do we use?
3.2.1 Information you provide us with
If you would like to receive information that we distribute on a regular basis, you expressly consent to the storage and use of any personal data that you provide to us or you confirm this via the form on our website or the form that we send you by e-mail for confirmation.
3.3 Why and on what basis do we use your personal data?
3.3.1 Data that you provide to us
We may use the data that you pass on to us via our form to send you newsletters and/or other information which:
- keeps you informed about news from CENTRALE;
- invites you to events organised by CENTRALE or its partners;
- allows us to comply with our legal obligations.
On our newsletter form (offered by ClickDimensions), you can indicate the specific information that you wish to receive from CENTRALE. You can adjust these preferences at any time.
This information must be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, which is deemed binding. By making use of a service that requires the use of your information, you are, in fact, indirectly consenting to your information being processed for the service in question.
Moreover, a website may ask you to give your consent explicitly (via a check box, for example) as an additional confirmation of the basic provision quoted in the paragraph above.
We distinguish between functional and non-functional cookies:
- Functional cookies are necessary for the internet site to work properly. They ensure that you are recognised as a user each time you visit our website.
- The non-functional cookies are not necessary for the internet site to function properly. For example, we store analytical cookies. These enable us to find out which parts of our website you visit most frequently and which parts need improvement.
- Our website also uses third-party cookies, which help us assess the effectiveness of our campaigns. In addition, they are used for communication and marketing purposes, to show you advertisements on social media or to show you information according to your interests on our website or while navigating on the web.
You can block or manage the non-functional cookies through the settings of your browser. In addition, you can delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time. The steps you need to take to do this depend on your browser. If you block and/or delete cookies, you may no longer be able to enjoy all the possibilities offered by our site.
3.4 To whom do we pass on your personal data?
In order to maintain and improve our services, we sometimes call on third parties, such as software developers and IT service providers. Your personal data may, therefore, be given to third parties or viewed by them, if this proves necessary to render the services. We enter into an agreement with these third parties to ensure that your personal data are only used in accordance with the instructions of CENTRALE and with the same protection and confidentiality. CENTRALE remains responsible for the use of your data by third parties at all times.
At the request of authorities or to comply with our legal obligations, certain personal data may be transmitted to competent authorities, for example in the context of legal proceedings or investigations/judicial information.
3.5 How long do we keep our data?
3.6 Withdrawal of consent and other rights in relation to your personal data
In relation to your personal data, you always have the right to:
- withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data in whole or in part:
- by deleting one, several or all of the indicated preferences for receiving information from CENTRALE; and/or
- by modifying the cookie settings of your browser (see section 3.3.2);
- ask to access your personal data;
- ask to correct your personal data;
- ask to limit the use of your personal data;
- ask to delete your personal data completely;
- request a transfer of your personal data either to your computer or to another organisation if required by law; and
- lodge a complaint regarding the use of your personal data.
All requests related to the exercise of the above rights can be addressed to us through the channels mentioned in section 4. If we fail to reach an agreement, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, the contact details of which can be found under the following link: https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/
3.7 Protection of your personal data
CENTRALE makes every effort to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorised access, misuse and other unwanted actions. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that we use your data in accordance with the requirements of national and European legislation. In doing so, we can ensure that your rights are protected.
- Contact details of vzw Bruxelles-Musées-Expositions (which runs CENTRALE for contemporary art)
Registered office: Rue du Peper 1, BE -1000 Brussels, Belgium