CALL FOR PROJECTS
The City of Brussels and CENTRALE support emerging artists and their projects.
In September 2021, CENTRALE launched CENTRALE | vitrine, a new space dedicated to Brussels’ emerging talents on the basis of an open call for projects. Artists living in the capital will respond by proposing an IN SITU project for the vitrine of CENTRALE, taking into account the urban environment, the street (Rue Sainte-Catherine is very busy and pedestrian), the neighborhood, the inhabitants, passers-by, walkers who may or may not be sensitive to contemporary art.
The vitrine hyphenates the indoors and the outdoors, the art center and the public space, art and daily life.
- What? Open call for CENTRALE | vitrine IN SITU
- Who? Emerging artists, with no age limit. Artists based (with official residency) in Brussels, including collectives or duos artist-curator
- Where? 13 rue Sainte-Catherine – 1000 Brussels
- When? Year 2023, launch of the next project 20.01.2023
- How? Selection of 4 laureates by a jury of art professionals
- Deadline for submissions: Monday 02.05.2022 at 23:59
- Jury: 14.10.2022
- Project 1: 20.01.2023
– The space
– Exhibition during +- 8 weeks
– Financial support for the exhibition: 1.500 EUR fee +1000 EUR production costs
– Promoting the exhibition within CENTRALE’s general communication
– Support with the installation
– Professional photographic coverage
– Organisation of the opening and the distribution of electronic invitations
No age limit to participate
Based in Brussels
Submission exclusively trough a single pdf (10Mo)
1. Personal details (download the form) + CV + proof of Brussels official residency
2. A general introduction to the work
3. A description, plan and a memo on the concept of the envisaged installation
4. 10 high quality visuals (jpeg format)*
Please note that visitors do not enter the space which is visible only from the street ; the door of the vitrine must not be blocked (emergency exit)
MODALITIES OF TRANSMISSION OF THE FILES
Submission exclusively trough a single pdf to the following email adress: firstname.lastname@example.org with mention CALL VITRINE + name of the artist
Deadline: 02.05.2022 – 23:59
Paper submissions are not accepted.
*Links back to Internet sites as the only visual source will not be taken into consideration!